Senior Application Plan
The Senior Application Plan is a short-term plan intended for students who are nearing the end of junior year and who need help with their college list, writing the college essay and completing all of their college applications. We will review their college list to make additional suggestions to ensure the list is balanced, before focusing our time on the college essay, college applications, and supplemental essays.
As with the Comprehensive College Consulting Plan, 24/7 access will be provided for both the parents and the student to our online college planning database which we use for college research and overall organization of deadlines and requirements. We also email post-meeting recaps outlining the student’s progress, as well as upcoming goals, deadlines and announcements. The parents and the student both receive unlimited contact by phone or email to discuss questions or concerns in addition to a weekly “Monday Morning Update” which outlines key dates, deadlines and timely reminders.
Here is a more detailed outline of what we will cover in the Senior Application Plan:
- Discussion of college admissions options
- Development of a detailed college planning timeline
- Parent meeting on paying for college
- Review and modification of student’s existing college list to ensure it is balanced and focused on academic, social and financial fit
- Advisement on test score submission
- College essay idea brainstorming and draft review
- Thorough review of all applications up to a maximum of 10 individual applications
- Brainstorming and draft review for all supplemental essays
- Evaluation of all admissions decisions, financial aid awards, and merit scholarship offers
PLEASE NOTE: Dobler College Consulting is unable to guarantee admission to any college or university. Our goal is to assist each student in making informed decisions with the understanding that the admissions process is complex and uncertain, and a college or university’s decision to accept or reject an applicant is completely outside of our control.