College Essay & Application Plan
While the Comprehensive College Counseling Plan covers all aspects of the college planning process, the College Essay & Application Plan is a short-term plan for students who are nearing the end of junior year. We will review their college list before focusing our time on the college essay, college applications, and supplemental essays.
As with the Comprehensive College Counseling Plan, 24/7 access will be provided for both the parents and the student to our online college planning database which we use for college research and overall organization of deadlines and requirements. We also email post-meeting recaps outlining the student’s progress, as well as upcoming goals, deadlines and announcements. The parents and the student both receive unlimited contact by phone or email to discuss questions or concerns in addition to a weekly “Monday Morning Update” which outlines key dates, deadlines and timely reminders.
Here is a more detailed outline of what we will cover in the College Essay & Application Plan:
- Discussion of college admissions options
- Review of student's existing college list
- Development of a detailed college planning timeline
- Assistance in completing college applications, including Common Application and supplements, essay brainstorming, edit and review
- Discussion and assistance with financial aid applications
- Review and analysis of admissions decisions and financial aid offers
PLEASE NOTE: Dobler College Consulting is unable to guarantee admission to any college or university. Our goal is to assist each student in making informed decisions with the understanding that the admissions process is complex and uncertain, and a college or university’s decision to accept or reject an applicant is completely outside of our control.